Chocolate chips, miniature marshmallows, and toffee bits mix up into chewy and oh-so-yummy Chocolate Marshmallow Toffee Bars.
Are you baking this weekend? I have been busy in the kitchen. And it seems that I am in a gooey, chocolate sort of phase. As I browse thru all of the clippings and cookbooks in my mom’s collection, I find myself gravitating towards all things chocolate. These bars definitely meet the chocolate criteria!
This recipe was jotted on a notepad, which is my favorite, when old recipes are in her handwriting. So, I am not sure of the origin…could’ve been something she saw on TV, wrote down from a friend, who knows? What I do know is they REALLY good! They are actually called “Goofy Bars”, but I wanted a title that described them a little better, so that’s why I named them Chocolate Marshmallow Toffee Bars. You can name them whatever suits your fancy.
These go together REALLY fast, using a chocolate cake mix, brown sugar and eggs as the base. Then you simply sprinkle them with all the goodness of chocolate chips, toffee bits and mini marshmallows. This all gets baked into something so gooey and good, you’d never know they started from a mix.
Look at all that chocolate deliciousness! What are you waiting for? This recipe is calling your name. Happy Baking!
Yields 24 bars
- 2 eggs
- 1(15.25 oz) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Put eggs in a glass measuring cup; add enough water to measure 2/3 cup.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine egg mixture, cake mix and brown sugar; mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows, chocolate chips and toffee bits. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, until bars are set and marshmallows are just beginning to brown.
- Cool completely before cutting.