These Chocolate Truffles are so quick and easy to make, they are perfect for any occasion and sure to be a favorite with all the chocolate lovers in your life!
Mother’s Day is coming! Do you need a quick homemade gift for your mom? These Chocolate Truffles are the answer! They are sooooo easy to make. They only use 5 ingredients, and they are probably things you have in your pantry. It’s just a mixture of chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla or almond extract and cocoa. It couldn’t be much easier and any mom will love them!
Growing up, I remember making gifts for Mom. Painted cans were vases or pencil holders. Decorated popsicle sticks were glued together to make frames. And breakfast in bed consisted of buttered toast and watery coffee. Mom loved everything my sister and I made, as any mom treasures a gift created by her children.
So what are YOU giving Mom this year? Whether you have your gift bought and wrapped, or are still stressing over finding the perfect gift, some homemade Chocolate Truffles will be a great addition to this year’s present. Make some this week, then store them in the refrigerator until Sunday. Mom will think you spent hours….it’s our little secret how quick these go together. Happy Baking!
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- -sifted cocoa
- In large saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk, stirring often, until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and rum extract.
- Refrigerate chocolate mixture 2-3 hours, until firm.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in cocoa.
- Store in refrigerator.