A sweet and crunchy snack that can be thrown together in minutes. Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix is a crowd pleaser!
It’s been a crazy-busy week, which means quick recipe posts for the blog! This one for Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix is ultra-fast and easy. Which makes it perfect when you need a sweet treat in a hurry. I like to keep a couple types of cereal squares on hand, along with nuts and pretzels, so that I have the ability to make some type of sweet or savory snack mix in a flash.
My mom had a few different snack mix recipes on hand in her collection of recipe clippings. This is a variation on one of the sweet concoctions. It’s a mixture of cereals, salty peanuts and pretzels tossed in a buttery cinnamon-sugar mixture. What an AWESOME combination of flavors! Just one bite and you will be hooked…it’s that addicting! Happy Baking!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 4 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cereals, pretzels and nuts; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture in bowl; stir together until coated. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Spread cereal on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 5 minutes; stir and bake 3 minutes longer. Remove from oven and cool completely. Break into pieces and store in airtight container.