White chocolate chips and dried cranberries join together in these chewy Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies, to raise oatmeal cookies to whole new level.
Oatmeal cookies are one of my favorites. I love their chewy texture, but I secretly feel like they are a little healthier than a chocolate chip or sugar cookie. Maybe I am just fooling myself, but it works for me. As I was searching through my mom’s binder of recipe clippings, I came across this one. Immediately I was excited about the combination of white chocolate chips and dried cranberries…yum!!
OK, maybe the white chocolate chips totally cancel out the health aspect of the oatmeal, but I am willing to go along with it, because these are SO good! The sweetness of the white chocolate, mixed with the tartness of the cranberries creates the perfect flavor in every bite! These are thick, hearty cookies that make the perfect choice for anytime. And because they travel well, they make a perfect treat to pack in a lunch box or take to work for your afternoon coffee! Happy Baking!
Yields 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and creamy.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture, blending on low speed until well combined.
- Stir in oatmeal. Add white chocolate chips, pecans and cranberries; stir to combine.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls, 3 inches apart, onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes, until just beginning to brown.